Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 63 post op

I was standing in my kitchen tonight and I just had a feeling that I could do it. I just wanted to do it. When I walked my dog around the building for the first time in 2 months, I kept putting a little more pressure on my booted foot with every couple steps. While making dinner, I just did it. I called out to my boys in the living room and said, "Boys, look at what I am doing!!!"

Both Max and Dallas were excited and ran to get a closer look. All I heard was, "Mom!!!! You're walking!!!" I had my hand outstretched and I was taking small steps. I walked into the living room and then turned to go back into the kitchen. I needed this. It hurt a lot. The seam on the heal of the walking boot is cutting into my foot....well, not cutting but putting pressure on it. Regardless, this foot hurt. It stings when I put pressure on it, I can feel the plantar fascia stretch out when I put weight on my foot and I have tenderness in my heel. I know this is going to take some time but I really needed that little boost of confidence of walking on my own.

I will still use my crutches for late night bathroom trips and every time I am out of the house, but tonight I walked for the first time. Yay, Me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment